Sunday, July 27, 2014

Camp Iwannascrap 2014 Water Wonders: Gelatos and Gesso

Hi Campers!  I hope you enjoyed the first week of Camp Iwannascrap!  To start off Week 2 in the Water Wonders Unit I have a tutorial that uses Gesso and Faber Castell Gelatos in a reverse masking technique.


As promised, here is the card I created using the background I made in the video:



Directions:
  1. Attach a 3.5" x 5" piece of the background to a 4" x 5.5" white card blank.
  2. Color wood veneer with yellow pigment ink.  Attach to top right corner.
  3. Attach turtle embellishment with foam dots.  Mine is a die cut I made with an Ellentina metal die.
  4. Add enamel dots to create water bubbles.
  5. Add "It's Your Birthday!" sentiment to the inside of the card.
Materials Used: card blank: Recollections, cardstock: American Crafts, gesso: Folk Art, colorants: Faber Castell gelatos (blueberry,metallic mint, and cotton candy) and Scrappy Cat pigment ink (yellow), wood veneer banner and Enamel Dew Drop Stickers: Freckled Fawn, metal die: Ellentina, other: patterned paper



1 comment:

  1. Another cool technique. As I watch your tutorials, I am inspired to try new things! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete